Search This Blog

Friday, December 7, 2012

Some Good Reads

I may be a 16 year old girl, but I LOVE books. Seriously, why can't I just live in one? I thought I would share some of my favorite authors and books for your interest.

So my first pick is John Green.
Right off the bat, he lives in Indianapolis so that makes his amazing because I could completely stalk him and be a fangirl, but that would be really creepy. But his books are AMAZING! I've read a lot of them, my all time favorite from his works is The Fault In Our Stars. I absolutely cherish that book, I've read it more than once, it's that good. I've done numerous English projects over it... :) I mean this book takes you through every emotion possible, and it is so easy to relate to. Ah that book, I just can't simply explain it, so go buy a copy and read it, or go to the library. Whatever floats your boat.
But the other books I've read by John Green are Paper Towns and Looking For Alaska. Both of which I highly recommend. I have yet to read An Abundance of Katherines or Will Grayson Will Grayson.

Some series I recommend for the avid reader, most of you probably have read these but I will suggest them anyway.
The Hunger Games Series By: Suzanne Collins (3 books)
The Harry Potter Series By: JK Rowling (7 Books)
The Uglies Series By: Scott Westerfield (4 books)
The Delirium Series By: Lauren Oliver (3 books, the third one comes out in February 2013 I think)
and...
The Beautiful Creatures Series By: Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (4 books)

Gosh, they're are so many good books out there, and it makes it so hard to believe that people don't like to read.

My last suggestions for a good book, they make good presents ya know, are by Stephen King.
I've only read 1 completely and that was The Shining. It scared me, but that's the point. I've seen most of the movies and I have most of the books, I just haven't read them yet. But I bring him up because I am currently reading one of his books Under The Dome. I have 320 pages left (I'm on page 752) and I have loved every page of it. It really makes you think. I just need to find the time to finish it.

Got any book suggestions?


Go read!

No comments:

Post a Comment