Search This Blog

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Gobble Gobble Gobble. It's turkey day!

So I've had a wonderful holiday, now browsing through Black Friday ads. I love black Friday, I really do. I'm one of those people that wait outside the store at 4 in the morning, don't judge. Anyways back to Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for? Because I'm thankful for the bad things that happen in life. This is because the bad things make the good things even better and you appreciate them more. And I wanted to share a wonderful recipe with you all. It was my grandma's and now it's mine.

This recipe makes 2 pies, and you don't have to bake anything!

8 oz. cream cheese
2 C. powdered sugar
2/3 C creamy peanut butter
9 oz. Cool Whip
1/3 C milk
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
2 graham cracker 9'' crusts

Soften the cream cheese. Then add sugar, peanut butter, Cool Whip, milk, cream cheese, and juice to a large bowl. Mix until it is well blended. *You will see a few small bumps, do not worry, it is fine. Divide into two. Pour into pie crusts. Let chill in the fridge for 3-4 hours, or until you need to serve it.

And that is it ladies and gentleman. I usually make it the day before I need it so it's cold. It is really rich so you don't need a giant piece. If you have any home recipes you would like to share please do so, I love cooking new things.

Happy Thanksgiving to all, and let the season of awkward family dinners, gifts you don't want, and the clueless-ness of buying things for people you see twice a year begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment